An independent source of kitchen design advice & ideas
Lots of websites have a list of testimonials from clients and I thought of doing that too ... sending out an e-mail to all our previous clients, asking for comments ... but looking at those lists on other websites, two things struck me.
1. They're totally boring to read
2. You're never sure whether or not they're real
I'd never make up testimonials (of course) ... but what I thought might be more interesting would be to put real client comments here. The reactions of my clients when they get their kitchen plans. I think you'll be able to tell that they're not made up!
As a consequence of using real responses - I don't have the writer's permission to use their comments - so I hope none of them mind. If you are one of those clients and you'd rather your words didn't appear here, then please do get in touch and I'll remove them.
You can tell, from some of these responses, that it wasn't always easy to get the design exactly right. That's why it's so important for you to give feedback, on the first kitchen design you receive - and for us to work on it together. I haven't included all the tedious details about which units were moved where and why ... hopefully the snippets below are just the interesting bits. Some of them are still ongoing, so there will be more to come ...
Plan A received with many thanks. You're right - when I opened it, I was surprised to see the kitchen is smaller than I expected! But I'm delighted with the layout that you've come up. It's certainly crystallised for us what will work and won't work and it is very exciting to see what the whole space could look like. Thank you.
- Marion - thanks so much for the second plan. If its any consolation, I immediately loved it. A few queries and maybe a couple of tweaks, but I actually think the diagonal wall adds a bit of interest to the space...
We think the design is just great. We will take our time and read through your e-mail a couple of times. If we have any questions we will get back to you next week. The builder has promised to start before the end of the month and when he does we will show him the design and your e-mail. If he has any further questions we will let you know.
- Sorry, but we’re not sure about the bit about the position of the Island ... Pretty much like all the rest except Mrs Q would like doors on the corner unit.
- Looks good ... (Plan B)
- We like the layout! What next?
Stuart & Inge (on-line)
Thanks for all that material - the effort and skill it must have taken are fully appreciated at this end having burnt out more of what is left of our brain cells in trying to get to grips with the detail initially. You have given us a lot to think about this weekend and we hope to respond substantively on Monday.
Thank you for the plans. All I can say at the moment is Wow! I have had visitors this weekend so have been unable to give the plans my full attention. I will look at them in detail over the course of this week and get back to you.
Thanks very much indeed for all the photos and ideas- very useful! I've got half way through doing a detailed reply but can't yet finally decide which bits to be oak and which not - they all look pretty good!
Peter & Anna, London
Thank you for sending this through and especially for rushing it through this week.
You said you can't perform miracles but I completely disagree!! It looks absolutely amazing!! I just spoke to Anna on the phone and she loves it as well.
- Plan A has arrived safely and we are busy pondering the ideas, which look very interesting. Thank you for providing us with something which has clearly had a great deal of thought put into it. We will get back to you when we have thought it all through carefully.
- Thanks very much for your plans (Plan B) and for getting them to us before you went away. It was much appreciated. We both really like them and they seem to give us the space and convenience of being able to move around the kitchen easily. It was also useful for the builder as well. It probably helped to see what his work was going to look like.
- Thanks for the final plan. We are now busy costing it out and seeing how it works. The kitchen will I am sure look great.
Thank you SO much! It is so exciting to see it, I can't get any of my own work done now!
What I'd like to do is review it in detail for a day or two and come back to you with our comments by the end of the week. Is that ok? My initial impression though is WOW!
- Thanks for turning this around so fast (including Sunday morning). We're really pleased with work to date and not surprised that we've ended up with a similar layout given constraints of fireplaces, radiators, gas meters and our picture (but glad we've checked out other possibilities). It is looking really nice and we are delighted we've got in a full-sized dishwasher.
- Just wanted to let you know our new kitchen is fully in and looking great. Loads more storage space, very smart (and not obviously Ikea either :-) , and our landlord is also happy. Has revitalised the kitchen. All ordered on line - quite hard work for the guy who installed it but was done mainly over Xmas with three days extra when we got back from holiday.
- Thanks for your great service - we genuinely could not have done this without you and it is a really good result.
- Wow! There's lots to think about there - thank you!
- Thanks for the designs, really helps to visualize how things could look...we have discussed both in depth and can see the benefits of both, although we do agree that plan B does seem to divide the room up better (plan A does not make as good a use of the space)....
- Sorry I've not got back to you sooner, been tied up in meetings today so not had a chance to go through in detail. Design looks really good, pictures are fantastic!... thanks for getting this over so quickly.
- All looks good, we are both very happy with the final design!
- Thanks for the great initial design. Door into hallway can be changed without issue - good idea. (plan A)
- Thanks for the fabulous kitchen design. (plan B)
- Hi Marion, plan looks great, our architect was here today as your email came in so he really liked it as well.
- We love the floating idea for both the tv unit and the alcove units with the logs going underneath them rather than in a central unit so if you could incorporate that in the final pictures that would be great.
- Generally I like your Plan A. I very like idea with L-shaped peninsula. It will not make the kitchen small. This is just what we wanted.
- Marion! I am very sorry. I think I am the most fickle customer you ever had. But I want that my kitchen will be perfect for many years. Thanks a lot.
- I understand that I want too much for £250 ... and I don’t mind to pay a little bit extra. You do brilliant job and I am very happy with that. (Plan E)
- Thanks a lot for everything. I am so excited. (Plan G)
- Thank you very much for your extensive advice. Can I put some sort of recommendation or positive comment on your site, by way of thanks? This has gone on a little further and we still favour Magnet. Magnet have reduced to £7K including an internal door, but B&Q have put in a "spoiler" type bid of £6400 in an attempt to "kill off" Magnet.
Amy & Ben, Northampton
- We're really excited at the thought of you designing us a space that will work for us. I love looking through the designs on your website and of course seeing the real thing in the 'flesh' at my sister's house! I know hers and ours are different ends of the spectrum, but what impresses me most is how ideal that kitchen is for Katie and Neil specifically; it has all the things she's always said 'oh I'd love a kitchen with...'.
- Thank you so much for your email, the plans, and all your hard work. We are really excited by what you've sent us and how clever the plan is - you have really taken on board what is important to us. We love all that surface space, and the fact you've fitted in all the appliances and storage we asked for. Curiosity has led us to ask you to try out a few smaller changes, just to see if we prefer them, although we really are happy with your Plan A.
- Thank you so much for you efforts in helping us so much! (revised plan)
Amy & Nick, London
- Many thanks, again, for your email. It's good to hear your thoughts on the design.
- Thank you so much for sending this to us - we honestly can't tell you how great it looks and how excited we were when we looked at all of the illustrations. You really have taken such great care and paid attention to all the details - it is very much appreciated. We love many of your ideas and will spend time going through everything.
- The visualisations are great - it really looks like my kitchen except sadly my garden isn't that pretty.
- You helped with a kitchen design earlier in the year and introduced me to Steve who made my cherry and parapan units. Doing the kitchen all took a bit longer than I expected and there have been a few hiccups en route which Steve knows about. Steve - you were great and I really appreciated your help. Building wise, we had rotten joists, condemned electrics, dodgy plumbing and uneven floors. Fittingswise (not Steve) we had corner units that wouldn't open, broken parapan doors (apparently there is a knack to drilling the stuff), boiler issues and a last minute wine rack/filler! Some 8 months after design and 3 months after work started its finished. Hurrah! I am very happy with the finished version. (The design is only the first step and all fitters are not equal!)
- Wow, we are both impressed with your visualisation of our kitchen and space, a massive improvement compared to the 3 local companies we had out, and who actually had seen the room, talked to my wife and then came up with something completely different and not what she told them she wanted. We think you've got it right!
Mark & Sophie (on-line)
- Really like your website and I hope you can help! ... Any chance you could do this for the weekend? The attached plan reflects walls now being knocked down and created!
- Yes some panic! Because someone has now appeared from nowhere to buy the existing kitchen we are at risk of being kitchen-less for a while - my wife is moving out for a couple of weeks!
- This is looking great thanks Marion! I believe we are due to speak to progress matters?
- Had chance to have a good look through this now, in general really like it!
- Absolutely love it in all respects! Looks absolutely amazing thank you so much! Think you are right re granite linings - look fab. No doubt we can just finalise ideas on handles and door styles, but I think it's superb, and will discuss with Sophie later.
- Great many thanks Marion - looks fab! (final plan)
- Really helpful - thanks very much! (advice on appliances)
- Overall we are very pleased with what you have produced and it has helped convince us that what we are proposing is going to give us what we want.
- Excellent. A great piece of work and we look forward to completing the kitchen along with the extension works - subject to getting planning permission which is due later this month!!! (after revisions to the plan)
- Can I just say that we are both very happy with the work that you have done and will be telling our friends about your services. Great value too.
Andre & Isabel
- Isabel and I had a chat this evening, and were very impressed with your first ideas.
- Well, it’s taken some time, some discussion with friends, input from the builder, and even some lively debate on my house renovation blog (Advanced Kitchen Designs gets a positive mention you’ll be happy to hear), but I think we’re ready to proceed to Plan B, as follows ...
- Thanks a lot for your help and patience on this one ...
- Isabel and I are both very happy with the acres of counter space this new design adds, so I think we’ll go with Plan B. We also like the design with the pelmet, so let’s keep that in. We also agree with you on the double door front for the wall units, so good call.
- SOLD – WE LOVE IT! Thanks for your patience! (final plan)
- Thanks a bundle for your help – we'll be sure to send you photos once the kitchen is complete. Please let me know if you want any sort of reference as I have been very impressed with the service you provided.
- Brilliant! You have totally answered my question as I couldn’t work out if keeping the units in a U shape would add to or subtract from the space
Jon & Cath, Roehampton
- Cath and I really love plan B! I think we are 90% there, but just have a few questions about some details.
- Apologies for the delay replying. Cath and I have been very busy as before, but really happy with revised plans. We showed your plans to some relatives last week and they were extremely impressed with the plans and overall design! (Plan C)
- Thank you so much for your help. Not an easy one.
Dave, County Wicklow
- Wow! Looks great, certainly gives us lots to talk about!
- Lovely job!! Colours and combination between cupboards and electrical appliances is fantastic!! You have managed to put everything in … (Rosa loved the first plan but her husband wasn't so keen ...)
- I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that we have found the PERFECT arrangement… I am so pleased!! Well I am contacting ... my builder. Lets see what he can do! Please send me the invoice, and thanks a million. (after a complete re-think of the layout of the house extension)
- I just wanted to say 'thank you' once again for making the trip to see me this afternoon. It was a real pleasure to meet you and I am very much looking forward to seeing what ideas you come up with. I do hope your journey home again was not too arduous.
- I was out most of the day yesterday, so have only just seen your design. Thanks for getting something back to me so quickly under the circumstances! (first plan was lost after computer crash) It all looks amazing; I really like the design. I think it's a better use of the space overall, and I particularly like the curved end unit next to the sink and the little breakfast bar, as well as the oak shelving.
- This all looks excellent, thanks for making the changes so quickly, and for the detailed guidance about the placement of the boiler. I'm very, very happy with this plan now.
- Thanks for sending the final kitchen plan through and for the list of units we would need to order. It all looks great. My husband and I have a difference of opinion about the breakfast bar, but I hope to bring him round to my way of thinking in time! Thanks again for doing a wonderful job (and for your persistence in the face of computer problems).
- My first thoughts were that I love the Plan A layout - totally different to what I would have come up with and I think having the cooker against that inside wall works well. Love the grandness of the design.
- That’s brilliant, thank you. I think we’re just about there now. The window side is perfect – can you create me a list of units for that side please? (Plan B – after changes to the room structure)
- Anyway, thank you again, the design is perfect! Thank you so much for all your help - we will keep all our possible options in mind and see how it goes next year and I will send you some pictures when it's done so you can see how it turns out!
- I've just 'wasted' a couple hours exploring your most refreshing website! Would you critique and, hopefully, improve my (own) design?
- I must say I'm really looking forward to having your professional involvement!
- That's really spooky, Marion, seeing your graphic with our view in place! Very clever. Impressive simulation of our Great Room which gives a considerably better impression of what the kitchen might look like than the Ikea one I've been struggling with - thank you.
- Thank you, Marion, for your thought-provoking Plan B.
- Brilliant thought about the sit-on sink workstation - go for it.
- Brilliant, Marion, love it - even the shelves in the scullery (very 'Not So Big House' by Susan Sanka)
- Your visuals have proved most useful today for the electricians doing all the chases for the cables - they said it was SO much better than they are usually given.
- Thank you once again for the splendid, super-duper, polished final revision. You have been great at interpreting and enhancing my thoughts. P.S. The lighting designer was very complimentary about your reworking of the scullery
Cathy, West Norwood
- Richard is not sure about the green colour so would it be possible to try cream instead of green but keep the red & also make the fireplace (cooker) surround plain wood rather than painted. I also like duck-egg blue so could you also try duck egg blue in place of the green?
- Hi Marion, thanks for doing this. I agree that the wood with cream & red looks best.
- Thank you Marion, our quote from the local carpenter seems quite reasonable so I think we'll go with him. I'll send you the pictures when we've completed!
- Two years later: Dear Marion, do you remember doing some lovely designs for our kitchen about 2 years ago? It has been finished for some time now & I thought I would send you some pictures of the final result. We changed the design for the desk a little as our carpenter could do a retractible desk coming from the cupboard so there was no need for a gap underneath for legs. Also he changed the area above the stove as he thought there was too much wood but I must say, I still prefer your design for that part. However I love the kitchen & wanted to thank you for all your hard work. The kitchen works beautifully & looks wonderful.
- Wow that's given us a lot to think about.
- After very careful consideration and a great deal of discussion we have come to the conclusion that the "peninsula" idea has to be shelved until we get the massive (and not so thin) kitchen of our dreams. So until then we are agreed - the final version will have no peninsula unit and no unit above the current peninsula unit in Plan B (to the right of the existing window).
- We have been delighted with the service so do let me know if we can provide a quote for the website etc.
- You are a miracle worker. Except I wasn't very clear - we would like the units on the left hand side (as you look out towards the garden) to finish at the end of the first window. So no peninsular at all - basically we realise that this will mean a cupboard less but then we get more space for a table and general living area.
Christina, nr. Hereford
- Many thanks again for the kitchen plans, basically we think they are great and very much on the lines we would like.
- Very many thanks for this - we like it a lot. Thank you for your patience and revised thoughts. (revisions of final plan)
- I am delighted with the concept. Really very good job. (I am already recommending you to my builder, friends and acquaintances). There are a few things, though, that I would like to change about it.
- Thank you very much for spending your Sunday afternoon with us !! (on the phone!)
- A pillar has appeared in the laundry room SOS!
- A pillar that was going to be hidden is now visible in the laundry room. It is in the wall of the washing machine and broom cupboard. It is just in the way of the washing machine !! Do you think you could come up with something ?
- Thanks for your quick response. I really appreciate it!
- Hi Marion, you are a star!
- Lovely hearing from you !! Yes, the kitchen looks great. Please feel free to come and visit us (one of the few kitchens I've been back to visit after fitting)
- Good morning. (My wife, my daughter) and myself have looked at Plan B and there is everything to like – A lovely design. Thank you. Lots of practical features that I think are excellent. A few questions / clarifications…
- Thanks for the plans ... whilst we like the concept, the cost of the Orangery may be prohibitive especially as we will require piled foundations if we want it to be integral to the house (and pass Building Regs). However, we will include in the plans for the extension and therefore propose that we keep layout as per plan B but swap the Larder and Tall cupboard so that we are able to remove the white cupboard should we add the Orangery in the future.
Sarah & Kerry, Nottingham
- Kerry and I really like the plan, many thanks. Just a couple of changes and questions....
... This is SO helpful, look forward to next installment!
Neil & Katie, Northampton
- Thanks for sending the plan. We were both excited to see it and it looked very good. We're still considering a few things on it (didn't have a great deal of time over the weekend) and we have a couple of questions if you can help.
- Overall the plan is definitely going in the right direction, so good work so far and thank you.
- Thank you for this - it's exciting to see the room starting to take shape!
- You're a star Marion - I'll let you know what we decide and send you pictures!
- Thanks very much for this we think it is wonderful. Much better all round (than the architects plans) so first of all thank you. Can't get over how big it will be! Very few comments or changes ...
- Happy with everything else and think it looks great, have shown it to the builders and they are happy it is workable - which of course it is. Thanks again for your time so far, the design is great and much more creative than we could have come up with.
Richard & Maureen, Ludlow
We MUCH prefer what you have done with the "L" shaped line (to the architect's plans) ... Thank you for your inspiration!
- Again we love what you have done. I note and like the detail changes to and on the various cupboard doors and island unit. I think the kitchen is going to look great and I am now going to enjoy my evening curled up with your drawings! (after plan revisions)
- Marion, you are a star! Really interesting to see your latest drawing as I think that works rather well - the large sofa and single chair - and it avoids looking crowded. Thanks again Marion. You should not be working over the week-end!! (no - I shouldn't!)
- Thanks for such a detailed plan and outline, obviously a lot of pondering went into it. We think we like the overall layout but following our initial discussions/debates/arguments/irrational objections about it, would like to make the following changes (in no particular order!) ...
- Can you go ahead and produce the unit list please, I need to get this under-way with someone or it will be next xmas by the time we get a kitchen in! P.S no need for the glossy printout, got enough glossy pictures of kitchens to start my own magazine...!
- I am sure you have not started on the unit list yet ! Would it be possible to tweak the units?
- How do I know you have not been super efficient.... ? That's easy .. you are a "creative", producing the unit list is "admin" and so probably your least favourite bit!
- Thanks Marion. Looks great.
- Ahh OK thanks. I will be mocking the whole thing up before we commit finally anyway. Unfortunately it looks like the Matchmaker "Metro Plum" that M was so enamoured with, might also be a Crown Imperial colour .... arghhh... flat pack!
- We got a very good deal though a one man band with a small showroom that we have a lot of trust in, he is also a member of checkatrade which is always a good sign, fingers crossed it should all go smoothly! Price obviously helped by the manufacturer supported 20% off. Now hunting down the best appliances on UKwhitegoods ...
- Are there any particular considerations if I swap the DW and sink positions over, and change the handing of the sink - if I can avoid the 40mm channel in the wall for the sink drain all the better!
- I see what you mean about the D/W. Guess I will leave it there then - just trying to make my install a bit easier!
- Worktop going on this week - the one bit (other than a good design!) I cant do myself.
- Thanks for all your input - you've been a great help. I'll let you know how I get on.
- Thanks for all your help, we would never have got started without you.
- I just wanted to let you know that I love everything about my kitchen. Everything has a place and flows brilliantly. The peninsular unit in the centre works really well. You'll see from one of the photos that I changed the position of the bookshelves to the side of the peninsula - an idea I got from a magazine. I hope everything is going well for you - your plans were worth every penny and I'm happy for you to use my photos if you wish. (after fitting of the kitchen)
- Hope you are well, thought you would like some feedback on our brilliant new kitchen.
Its not quite complete ... But we are using the new arrangement very successfully. We love the
breakfast bar and cooking area. It makes it easier to cook a meal together. Everyone that has seen it has admired the uniqueness of the design.
- On first impressions, it isn't as I had visualised and will need to discuss this with you. I am not quite comfortable with the sink and the penisula as it is laid out - to me it seems to look odd in relation to the window. (Plan A)
- Hi Marion - this looks great! Will be in touch soon. Just one thing! I was going to paint all of the walls white, but now looking at your design, I like the colour on the walls! can I ask if you could send it to me with white walls so I can make my mind up!! (Plan B)
- Thanks this is really helpful. We've had a look and a few thoughts:
- Thanks, we are getting there! We think the 300 larder would be better, and then either deeper drawers or cupboard (for crockery or food? - we want to avoid those drawers that end up with string and assorted bits).
- Thanks for these plans. They provided good food for thought over the weekend. I think we need a plan C based on the following decisions we made after reviewing plans A and B ...
- We've decided Design D is the best. Although it would have been nice to keep the kitchen entrance, that was outweighed by our preference to keep the main kitchen appliances close together. Thanks for this. I think we've got our design!
- Many thanks. That's perfect. (extra drawing for the kitchen fitters)
- Many thanks for all your help with our kitchen. We are very pleased with your final plan and have found the pictures very useful indeed.
Caitlin, S.E Wales
You are a warm and wonderful human being! (couldn't resist adding that one!)
- Our architect says that we need to get our kitchen layout done in the next 2 months so that it's ready for when we put in for building regs. He's going to let me have the exact dimensions of the room together with a pdf of the plans. We'd love you to do us a design for us - would that be possible in the timescale?
- Thanks for the plan. On the whole we think it looks great and although part of me (the same part that insists on trying on clothes in all the shops before going back to the first outfit in the first shop!) is intrigued by the idea of Plan B - I think that actually Plan A is fine and just needs some tweaking.
- Thanks so much for this - we're thrilled with how it looks and are very excited to see the next instalment! If you've any questions or if any of this doesn't make sense just give me a call or email.
- Wow! We love this kitchen! The island particularly is just beautiful.
- We love the final version and are happy with the microwave/warming drawer bit - it looks great!
-Thanks for the plan Marion, we're very excited to get it. Will print and look at it this evening and consider your points carefully.
- We like your overall design, and have annotated the PDF with our comments and questions.
- The images are really good - it's easy to see that it's our kitchen.
- The kitchen is now looking like just what we want, though we may change colour to high gloss black.
- It looks just like your plans! Thank you very much for your help (sent with photos)
- Thanks very much for your detailed reply to my request and for all the hard work you have put into it. It is much appreciated. The CAD drawings look amazing!
- We went with your suggested colour scheme and ideas and we couldn't be happier with the results. It all works well and ties in wonderfully together even the black corner wall units that seemed very daring at the time. Thank you so much again for your help.
- The drawings look great, just a few minor things to change. Sorry to be a pain in the behind but can you also add in some plinth lights to my drawing?
- Thanks again for the drawings, I'm really pleased with them!
Caroline & Andrew, Hereford
- Hope you are well. Andrew and I have had a good look through and many discussions since! We think the overall concept is really good, and hopefully only want to suggest a couple of changes ...
... We are happy with everything else and especially chuffed with the island as we did not think it would work when we originally started planning.
- Very efficient! Andrew and I have had another look through and discussion.
- Thanks very much for the final design. Great to see all the details. Now for the hard bit, the drawings are currently with Andrew (different Andrew) for pricing. We will keep in touch and send photos once finally done!. Thanks very much for all your help and assistance.
- Thanks for the designs, they look amazing. We hadn’t considered having the peninsular area in the centre ... not for any particular reason other than we didn’t think of it! We definitely do like the idea, but do have some limitations on where we can put our furniture at the non-kitchen end of the living room.
Otherwise, we love the look of what you have designed, and it makes much better use of the space. It’s a little thing, but could you change the colour of the tiles to red as that is the colour we have decided on – just so we can properly visualise it. The colour of the walls is exactly what we had chosen!
- Thanks again – we are really pleased with the final plans. That’s fantastic – thanks so much.
- I love how sophisticated we are - fresh flowers, teapot, cake, veg prep and GMTV? it looks so good I almost don't want to ruin the illusion by having it for real!
- I love the kitchen it looks great, especially the peninsular area! We are delighted already :-)
Rich & Donna, nr. Aylesbury
- Thank you for getting the draft design to us so promptly. Our initial reaction - we are really glad that we hired you to design our kitchen! This is exactly the kind of 'complete solution' that we are looking for and we really like a lot of it. That said, of course we have a few areas that we need to think about. Thanks again for this, you have cheered us both up considerably!
- We look forward to hearing from you and are now quite excited about moving forward!
- Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but we met with our builder last night and I wanted to make sure we had his feedback before responding to you. In fact he was very positive about the design and was primarily concerned with getting a cutting list, plans and details of units/appliances so that he can start pulling together a quote for us.
We are happy with the design. Once again thank you so much for your hard work, my mother and I are very impressed with what you have done.
- Just stumbled upon your email address while clearing out my old messages. You produced some kitchen plans for us last year for an Ikea kitchen. Just thought I’d let you know that we went ahead with it all exactly as you planned it, Ikea did a really good job with the fitting and it looks fantastic. We’re still really pleased with it. What’s more, every one of the fitters, electricians, plumbers etc that we used, said they’d never had such good plans to work from. So thanks very much for your excellent work! If you ever want to use us as a reference, or would like to take pictures for your portfolio, you’re very welcome.
Your kitchen scheme is good and we are going to go ahead with it. Thank you.
We're going to think about this for a few days before asking you to go ahead and fill in the gaps, but my initial thoughts are that this looks like a very interesting idea.
- Thank you very much for version 1! There are enough things I like about it to use it as a basis to tweak, according to my thoughts over the past couple of days. Hope these comments give you something to work with… Look forward to seeing how you get on after you’ve had a chance to think about all of this – and, yes, a place to perch with a glass of wine and a cookery book sounds just fab! Good luck – looking forward to seeing what comes next – I’m feeling optimistic!
- Success! Yes, I’m very happy indeed with the look of that layout – it seems to solve all the problems, as far as I can see…and is a nice, non-boxy and non-right-angular kind of arrangement.
- Thanks for the pictures – they look great. What a good idea to re-hang the door into the utility room – I’d not thought of that and, yes, I think that we should certainly do that.
- Thanks so much for your reply – yet again, you’ve given me a really good idea I hadn’t thought of myself!
I think we’re actually there with the final version now! Well done – can’t think of anything else to wonder about now! It’ll be a question of getting all these men co-ordinated next – kitchen man, builder man, electrical man, plumber man, flooring man, to name but a few…
- Thank you very much again – it all looks great – I’ve got to rush off for the school run now so will have to take a break from kitchen-planning, but I really think it’s pretty much done and dusted as far as the designing phase goes – well done!
- Just a quick note to let you know that specs have arrived safely – many thanks – it all looks superb.
- Your latest plan is more what we had in mind. John is in agreement with you that we do not seem to have enough space to fit in a free-standing island unit but we know that our neighbours have done this successfully……………we hope to pop in and have another look but they are away…
- Mystery solved! Our neighbours have knocked down the pillar and so have a larger hole in the wall than we planned. Our surveyor recommends that we leave the pillar and, on balance, we agree as we don’t want to spoil the integrity of the rear sitting room. I am v disappointed about the island but will get over it!!
- Sorry but we are still dithering. I may be the person who drives you to another career!
- I wouldn’t be too confident about not extending further than Plan Z!! We might need to consider a renumbering system like number plates! I do feel we are nearly there tho’!
- Very interesting! I take your point about the differences in the plans and the one room / two room dilemma…………………
- I think we have now thoroughly explored all options so thanks very much for your patience. I don’t think I’ll need any more plans! I just need to think and – finally – make a decision!
- Progress is being made! We have decided on a builder (lucky man, I can hear you thinking!!) and I have started gathering samples.
- Many thanks for this and thanks for all your patience on our kitchen project. I think the best thing for us to do now is to go through the plans in detail with our builder so he can do a detailed quote …………… and please send us an invoice for the extra work you have done.
I think you should give me my money back within next seven days. From e-build posts I trusted you. I have my kitchen designed now. It did not take months for the kitchen company to do it. Even my architect took, only a week to come up with house extension drawings. (I HAD been very late with the design – but with a good reason)
- I am sending your cheque back by 1st post. If you still want to design kitchen for me I will be delighted and if not it does not matter, you can keep the cheque. I deserve that punishment.
- I liked your design. My only concern is that my back is to the door and the boiler needs to come in the kitchen probably where the broom cupboard is located in your plan.
- That is called woman's touch. We (my PM and I) agree that all kitchens should be designed by women.
- I liked the plan. It is fab. Hope you did not mind making changes.
- Did I say thank you? Thank you then!!!!
- We really like the design. Joseph and I both liked plan A very much, especially the idea to bring out the breakfast bar and we would definitely want to keep that feature. I think you said that people do not always go for Plan A but we do like it. However, we are open to other ideas. The main concern for me at the moment is storage space.
- Thank you so much for this Marion.
- You have done an impressive amount of work on this and I am relieved that we have you working out all the details.
- We wanted to thank you for all your help and are very pleased that you will enjoy the wine. (after I'd received a surprise delivery!)
- Love the look of the side opposite the Aga but if we sit at the breakfast bar we will be facing the wall not the garden - we envisaged a view from seating area on the back of the island - any thoughts?
- Malc likes the new plan B as well - so lets go with that with a few tweaks which don't need to be done in a rush. He would like to see a view of the new Aga layout as he has not seen our new arrangement.
- I would like a copy of the floor layout with rough measurements for the builder - I am seeing him on Saturday, if I could take it with me that would be good.
- Thanks for the plan for the builders.
- If you can get the canopy/mantle as small and plain as possible, maybe with the cupboards again as an option as well as a false wall style, that would be great. Sorry to be a pain!
- I think I like the mantle/canopy you have done now! (although I like the bracket support look better, it would probably block more light).
- We like this much better - the colour change has really helped. Thanks Marion.
- Thanks for all your hard work. We really like the kitchen now!
- Please come and see it all when it is done. We could have lunch at the pub!!
- I have to say I like the plan. The only thing is the water and drainage as you say. If that was fine it could really be an option.
- It looks really good as well (Plan B). I have the builder coming tonight at 4.30 so I ll let you know what he thinks of both designs.
- I discussed with my builder and we are going for plan A. He does not see any particular problem with it. Thanks for your help.
- Cor blimey Marion! Fantastic. Need some time to look through. Initial feeling is that it's great.
- Marion, hi, we love it, and both think you are very cool. Love the L-shape. Will call in next couple of days...thanks for all the hard work, very much appreciated!
- Marion you're a genius...I will ponder with John and get back to you tomorrow... thanks for all the hard work
- ahem ... you're probably not going to like this ... (complete plan change)
- A lot has happened since we last spoke! Our builder has shafted us completely, phoning me on Friday humming and hawing about whether he could do the job on time and did we really want to go ahead and he definitely can't start til after Easter and that means our deadline has no chance...thanks a bunch.
- we are full full steam ahead now, but with much more work my end as I have to source the kitchen. Deep breath and breathe....
- I need your genius, and need it asap as I need to get this stuff in as soon as possible. It has been an unbelievably stressful week, I can sort of see light at the end of the tunnel before I enter the big building works tunnel though. Must order kitchen next week as am away for 2 weeks after and when I get back will be too late...
- Why can't the island be squarer? We definitely don't need a margin of 140cm around the table...at the moment there is 120 on one side and 130 on the other and that is loads...
- will have really good look and discussion tonight, but initially I absolutely love the kitchen layout, and you've totally nailed this aspect, no further work needs doing, the C shape it is!! LOVE IT! do you? (Plan Z5 - although admittedly I stopped at Plan D and started again at Plan X)
- We could never have reached the point at which we are happy with the layout (and we are) without your help, I know it's been a nightmare job, believe me when I say that my nightmare seems to only just be beginning. If you would send a unit list for the utility room that would also be extremely helpful indeed. And then your work is finally done and mine has just begun.
- I do hope that if you are in London when the job is finished you'll come for a drink and maybe to take some pics for your website, and I would be more than happy to give you a glowing testimonial. Thanks for bearing with us.
- Thank you for the work you've put into this. I can see your point on the clean lines of plan B1 but we're really set on the curves so B2 is our preferred plan with the following alterations ...
- Thank you for all your work on this. We will now ponder our options to finally decide which way to go in terms of supplier and doors/cabinet options.
- Thank you for these plans - it is a difficult kitchen to design and I think you have come up with some good ideas.
- Have now had time to look at both plans and compare and contrast. I have actually come right back round to liking your original door at the end by the patio.
- Been picking over the plans particularly as we've got planning now - hooray!
- We've changed a few things - too many to describe [not to your plans but to ours which affect yours !] so will note them down and drop them in the post ... good old royal mail!
Plan B will be good!
Julie & Chris, Harpenden
- Thank you for sending plan A which we have now had time to look at and discuss. Just to start it appears that you missed the main door into the kitchen from the hallway on your plan, at present you have sited the coffee machine and unit there. (Whoops!!)
- Anyway we love the island seating area you have done ... Thanks again Marion it looks really great and we are looking forward to the final plans.
- Kitchen plan arrived. Very pleased and excited now to get quotes.
- Just to say thank you very much for the kitchen plans they are great. We really appreciate all the hard work you put into them.
- Will keep in touch to let you know how it is going. Many thanks again.
- We love your ideas. You managed to 'get' what we feel we need to do
- It looks great and we think you have sorted the island problem perfectly.